12 December 2008

The Lump is Benign; the Pain is Not.

Tyson LeRoy Lords demonstrates a tongue without warts or blemishes.

Doctor Holme, my oral surgeon, whom I described earlier as looking like a deacon, called me while we were walking through CostCo today. The lab says the thing he removed from my tongue was not malignant. This does not, however, make it fun to deal with a big hole in my tongue. the bruising left inside the tongue as well as the ragged edge of the removed part, make it almost impossible to talk normally or eat simple foods if they're solid. I look forward to my recovery which he says will take several days more. Sigh...

3 comments:

Eve said...

What a beautiful little tongue. The face around it ain't bad, either! The docs have carved on many of my body parts, but so far my tongue is whole. I hope yours will be again soon.

Jocie said...

Hooray! That is great news! Hope your recovery goes quickly and is as pain free as possible. Love you!

nanajohanna said...

I'm so sorry you are in pain, but just as happy that results were good. love you J5

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton