24 December 2008

Janus's Looking Back Side

We get our word January from the Roman God Janus who had two faces (No jokes, please, ladies.) One looked backwards and the other forwards, just as we all do at this time of year. Already I saw a retrospective on NBC last night about all the great (or thought-to-be-great)personalities we've lost in the year 2008.





I hope to scan all the pictures I've ever taken of my kids into the computer some day. That will be a project of many days and well worth every minute. For now, please let me share with you some of the pictures I DO have scanned into the computer, all of them having to do with Christmas, that most special day of the year, even when it occurs during difficult, sad times. These are my children. Most of you know them. My heart is centred on them and on those who came later.


















6 comments:

Nazar said...

Happy Christmas!

Eve said...

"Way too cute! Merry Christmas!

nanajohanna said...

Oh thank you Jim! I look forward to all the others when you get them scanned.

Jocie said...

Thanks for the trip. Looking forward to the rest of them. Merry Christmas!

James and Aimee said...

Oh, those are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them.

Autumn said...

I still remember some of those times, Dad. Thanks so much for getting these scanned. I love you, Aubie

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton