19 March 2009

Separation Anxiety and Testimony


I have to go a way for a couple of days and leave Sheryl here alone. That bothers me. I worry about her. I worry about me and my traveling companion. I've always been a worry wart, so don't concern yourselves overmuch about this.


But I just had to say that the Church our parents joined in 1959 is true. I know it is. I know it. Little things will total up to make a big difference, I think. Paying an honest tithing, attending our meetings, attending the temple, prayers, scripture reading with prayer, and all the other things we know we should do but sometimes can't seem to get done. Home teaching matters. Being truthful matters. Being honest in all our dealings matters. Finding hope in the Church when all the rest of the world would rob us of hope is tremendously important. It's all true. I know it.


Jim/Dad

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love that picture, i only wish more family members were in it. That was a great day. I really enjoyed your testimony Jim. Thank you for that. I hope your trip goes well. I am sure that you and Sheryl will both be fine. You will each be in my prayers. I love you,

~Heidi~

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton