10 August 2010

The Results of Prayer and Intense Worry


It looks like we'll be moving backing to LeRoy Wilde's downstairs apartment again. I resisted pretty firmly for a few days, but it's there and much more affordable than where we are. The back fence seems to be almost Miss Sadie-proof. A little modification will make it perfect.


My short story Saturday night at the reunion will be Damon Runyon's The Hottest Guy in the World. If someone prefers something else, you have but to contact me and make your will known. I had given serious consideration to reading Mark Twain's Taming the Bicycle, but I thought the younger children might not be able to catch some of its subtleties. Journalism in Tennessee is hugely funny, but it's pretty violent, too.


We rejoiced today to hear that South Dakota has apparently prevailed over Pennsylvania so that Zannita Armell can get her daughters back from the white supremacist who is their literal father. Aric has to get her down to the SLC airport by 7:30 tomorrow morning.
I was pleased to learn this week that former student Jeff Thomason is now illustrating children's books and drawing still cartoons. He's quite good.


I'm going to go rest what's left of my brain. Tonight's picture is from a small bunch I took a few days ago on my cell phone while we were walking Mico and Miss Sadie around the track. If you are a fan of urchins, as I am, this is a great neighborhood.

7 comments:

Janie said...

Anything Damon Runyon is divine!! And I am so relieved for Zannita. I can't wait to meet her girls. Thanks for the update!

nanajohanna said...

I'm so happy you've found a place to live. You two and LeRoy will have privacy and companionship. And yes, you can't go wrong with Damon Runyon! I'm so thrilled for Zannita! It's wonderful news.

Unknown said...

bullshit liar!

Eve said...

Ah! Giving up your home and your independence to live with your father-in-law. It could be worse - you could live with one of your children like I do.

Jim said...

To the third commentator above: I would not have offended other readers of this unknown little blog by printing what you've said but for one thing: Why? Why should you assume that another prson's faith is false? Why should you assume that a well-wishers comment is insincere? I know all these people personally; their comments are made in good faith and in sincerity. I think I have followed Socrates dictum to "know thyself" well enough that I would recognize dishonesty in my own writing. There is none of that here. So I must ask you again, Why?

Unknown said...

The comment is to the one man you don't know, whom you take so lightly in making suggestions that are false and highly inaccurate. Perhaps you should know the real people before you assume. Perhaps you should know all the facts before you wish them well.

Unknown said...

It is my belief: there are several things people take for granted. Running off and leaving two children for years because the mother wanted a "normal care-free" life with a man who threatened to kill her and the baby if it was infact not his! If you feel your comments are in made in good faith perhaps you should do a little research.

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton