29 September 2009

Illustrations to Go With All the Big Talk

Recently I shot off my mouth (and my keyboard and a couple of rifles) on this blog about the long distance shooting we'd been doing with .22 rifles, namely my Savage Mako and Aric's Model 925 Marlin in .22 WMR. Recently we took an afternoon and switched to centerfire rifles. Aric brought out his personalized Remington 710 in .300 Winchester Magnum. I just brought my old Swedish Mauser with the 29.1" barrel and the original tangent sights. Both of us scored hits on the gong which was set, according to Aric's laser range finder, 525 yards from our shooting position. We had a deeply satisfying time, getting a lot more hits than we had with rimfire loads and much louder "dings" with each hit.






The 109 year old Swede still knows how as Aric is about to demonstrate.
























Here I've added a white spot to show approximately where we put the gong. The white spot is much larger than the gong.









1 comment:

Autumn said...

Woah! That is faaaaaaaaar! Nice shootin' fellas!

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton