17 July 2009

A Moment of Remembrance
































Actually, I experience many moments of pleasant recollection of my little family back when I was a young father. I've often told young families that they are living the "good old days" right now. And they are. I promise you. No matter how broke you are or how many kids are sick or broken, the fact that you are all still together means that this day qualifies as one of the good old days.


Some folks our age seem to like the whole empty nest thing. I think they're crazy. The happiest times of my life were all between 1974 and when the last one went on a mission.

2 comments:

James and Aimee said...

Thanks for the reminder, Uncle Jim. Today was a day I really needed it. I REALLY DO love having my children around me.

I really love the pictures too!

Jim said...

And we love you, guys, too. Your pictures are well done and they really help me feel that I'm not missing out on EVERYTHING that's happening in your lives. You have some extra cute little folks living in your house, Aimee. All my best to James and the bunch.
Uncle Jim

My Favorite Books & Authors

  • Dale Brown
  • Mark Twain
  • Charles Dickens
  • Speeches both Historical and Hysterical
  • Damon Runyon
  • Jan Karon Mitford Novels
  • Clive Cussler
  • Tom Clancy Novels
  • Harry Potter
  • The Works of Ernest Thompson Seton